Friday, July 9, 2010

"one holy night" reflection


A couple of days ago we read a short story in class called" One Holy Night". It was about this girl who had met some random guy on the street who claimed that he was a son of the Mayan kings. She met him while selling fruit on a push cart. His visits to her cart became more and more frequent until one day she believed she was in love and decided to go with him to his house when she was done selling her fruit. Stupidly she falls for his lies and tricks to where she even loses her virginity to him!!!! The messed up thing was that when the girl askd the guy(baby boy) how old he was he clamed that the past and the present is the same so he doesnt knoe...but he LIED! He is accually 32!! and guess how old the girl was? 13!!!! She was only in the 8th grade! Can u say Sagitory rape? ugh i was so pissed off when i found that out.Well i cant blame her for believing something she knew wasnt true. She wantd to make him seem better than he was and by believing that he was a so called "Myan Son" she fullfilled that. I want to go back and think bout freshmen year...I had liked this one guy soooooo much that i would daydream and think about him constantly. I told my friends about my secret crush and they just stared at me. I had asked them what was wrong and my friend Tashi pulled me to the side and told me that i shouldn't like my crush. She told me his background with girls wasnt so ...well clean. I just kept telling them that not evrybody has a super clean slate. But then i was a witness to his bad side. He broke up wit his girl friend and he said such mean things that were so hurtfull i almost didnt wana like him. Now realize i said almost. i wanted to believe my crush wasnt all these bad things. That made it easier for me to like him. in a way i did just what the girl in this story did... i believed something about a guy that was not true because i just didnt wana face the truth, the truth hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment