Friday, June 25, 2010

my carbon footprint


Today i went on a website called www.zerofootprintkids.com/kids_home.aspx. Basically this website shows you what your carbon footprint on the world is by asking you questions about your everyday life choices. I found out that based on my answers i would need about 2.2 earths to support my daily life style. This is below average for a regular everyday American. An average American spends money on products that are both expensive and terrible for the enviornment. I dont buy to many name brand things because there is always a cheeper brand that doesnt use as many chemicals as the brandname one (sometimes). I see comercials everyday advertiseing shoes and food and different types of cloathing, but unlike every other american, comercials dont usualy pursuade me. They may be entertaining but they hardly ever make me think," OH! i need to buy that!". Even though i am a smart shopper i do have some faults. I Could buy things only when i need them rather than want them, but for now ill jus keep being the consumer i am today. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment